Nuffnang

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Visit to Whiskers N Paws

The beauty of living in Hong Kong is the availability of on-line shopping - anything from groceries to pet supplies. When my humans first arrived in Hong Kong last year, they were not very savvy and went hunting high and low for a pet shop to purchase some doggie supplies. Finally, after some intenet research, they discovered the convenience of on-line shopping sites for pet supplies. After experimenting with a few, they finally settled on Whiskers N Paws. It has a great English site (which is a big plus as a lot of the local websites are in Chinese) and service is quick and reliable.

Once in a while my humans like to pay a visit to the bricks and mortar shop. Located in Horizon Plaza, a massive industrial building that houses furniture, factory outlets and of course, Whiskers n Paw, it has easy parking and best of all, allows doggies. This is my second visit to Whiskers N Paws. The first time was in February this year. My humans made me pose in front of the store sign.

 
Thankfully, they didn't make me pose in front of the store again this visit. However, this does not mean that my trigger happy human did not take snapshots of me on her trusty Iphone, as you'll soon see.
 
In addition to a huge space for the shop, Whiskers N Paws also has an outdoor space for dogs to socialize and play. Today, they hosted a doggie adoption day by Hong Kong Dog Rescue. So, the backyard had lots of people and doggies. At the front of the shop, we met a couple, who has a beagle and decided to adopt the sweetest chocolate-coloured puppy today. Lucky pup!
 
Although I did not get to meet that beagle, I did get to meet a little human, who was happily playing on the dog slide...
 
...and a little black pup.

Most of the time, I was happy to sit with my human and watch the other dogs play.
At the shop, I had a great time checking out the food section. Hmm...I wonder what my humans got for me? I hope there are some treats.
 
 
After loading up our car with my goodies, it was time to say goodbye to Whiskers N Paws. I hope I don't have to wait 10 months before my next visit!

 

3 comments:

ev said...

You lucky girl! Hope mummy and daddy bought you lots of treats! :)

Molly the Airedale said...

What a fun day for you, Kess! Did you get treats?

Love ya lots
Mitch and Molly

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Whiskers N Paws, we like that name. Hope you got plenty of treats as it looks like you got to do some fun stuff.

Essex & Sherman

Thanks for signing my guest book.