Nuffnang

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Awesome Blog Award Nomination - The Underdog

Wow! I'm still reeling from shock. I received a note from Opy which said "hey,you have been nominated for Awesome Blog award over at the Bone Zone - head on over and cast your vote :) love opy". So, I head over to the Bone Zone to find out more. Turns out, that my pals, Key West Collies has nominated yours truly for the Awesome Blog Award - "We would like to nominate Kess for her study of the word Dog in the English Language". Thank you so much, Essex and Deacon. It truly is an honour to be nominated for this award and I am so happy that you guys are enjoying this series of posts on "dog" words and idioms.

Of course, this post wouldn't be complete if I didn't continue with my "dog" word series, the very thing that got me nominated in the first place. Currently, I am starting out as an underdog. (An underdog is a competitor which is thought to have little chance of winning a fight or contest.) Mango, is obviously the top-dog of this competition, and most worthy of it too. The other notable nominees are Bubblegum dogs and Bae Bae. Anyway, underdog or top-dog, it's awesome to be considered for this award. What's really important is that we all have fun in this contest.

I never would have thought that when I ventured into the world of blogging on March 27 last year, that I would have made so many new friends from all over the world. Now, more than 90 posts in less than a year later, I've been nominated for the Awesome Blog Award. I am so totally blown away. Thank you.

And just for fun, I would like to share a quote by the comic bumbling beagle turned superhero - aka Shoe Shine from the Disney movie Underdog.

"There's no need to fear, Underdog is here."

So, if you guys like my blog and want to give this underdog a shot at winning the Awesome Blog Award, hop on over to Dogs with Blogs Bone Zone and cast your vote. Who knows, this underdog may stand a chance yet...




P.S. Do you see any resemblance to Underdog??? This was the closest picture I could find in my "superdog" pose. However, my ears don't flop backwards and seem to prefer to curl inwards instead! Does anyone know a good dog-dresser?

"Dog" Series
1. It's a dog's life
2. Fighting like cats and dogs(Beagle Identity Crisis)
3. Gone to the dogs
4. Let sleeping dogs lie
5. It's dogged as does it

20 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Congrats on your nomination! You deserved it. Oh yah, I see the semblance...

Butt sniffs,
Solid Gold Dancer

Cocoa the Beagle said...

OMDog Kess!!! You are Underdog!!! Woooo!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about the ears part, u'll get it on days when the wind is blowing your way u know! BOL!! Congrats on your normination! We are heading over to cast our vote for ya!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Congratulations on being nominated, well deserved in our opinion, you were one o fthe first blogs we read and we still love you! We'll head over to vote!
Slobbers xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your nomination! We love your blog and don't think that you are an "underdog" ... we think you are a "superdog!"

Lorenza said...

Congratulations on your Nomination Kess!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dexter said...

Kess,
Good job on your nomination. Don't worry, the same thing happened to me the first time I was nominated. Some doggie had a super bloggy month and crushed the competition (and to be honest, I just started Mango Minster as a lark and never imagined how BIG it would be).

You look like a super underdog!

Slobbers,
Mango

Tracy Tan said...

woo hoo! i gotta go vote...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kess,

Just voted for you. I love your blog:) Congratulations on the nomination. So...you were the underdog - I was wondering when I watched the movie:)

Licks n wags,
Oorvi

Agatha and Archie said...

Ohhh CONGRATULATIONS!! How lovely!! WE were taken aback because we thought that picture WAS you! Love and kisses A+A

River said...

Congratulations Kess! Your dog word series is so much fun. I will vote for you!

love & wags,
River

Sweet Jasmine said...

Hi Kess,
Congrats to U on yr nomination. U do have some resemlance to the Underdog. I will vote for you if human votes like me is not exempted.

i said...

Congrats Kess! You have made us wiser now by your lessons!

Thor and Jack said...

Congrats on your nomination, Kess!
Love your blog and love you too!

Thor

Dughallmor Beagles said...

You're very welcome :D

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on your nomination, Kess! We love your blog!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Kess,
Congratualtions on your nomination. We will trot over and vote for a fellow beagle who does in a way resemble Underdog in that last picture there!
Lix
J&D

Kathryn and Ari said...

Oooooh! We definitely want this underdog to win. Go Kess!

Fred said...

Wow--you look a lot like Underdog! By the way, I'm Fred, and I just stopped by to say hello! Love your blog.

Lois Lane/Laney said...

You look just like Underdog! I love that movie!

Tee said...

Congratulations! There's a striking resemblance between you and the UNDERDOG!

Licks and Wags,

Tuffy of Dog WOods

Thanks for signing my guest book.