Nuffnang

Monday, September 19, 2011

Family time

Now that my humans are with me again, I'm fine. No more diarrhea or vomitting. This beagle's appetite is back to normal and my tail is up again. In fact, I've had a pretty fantastic time over the last 3 weeks. We had both sets of families over in HK for a visit. My humans and I have been in HK for 3 months. Whilst we've made new friends, both humans and canines, it is wonderful to be reunited with our families, even if it's only for a few short weeks.

I've been busy hanging out with gramps whilst he catches up with the newspaper...


I've been posing for pictures for Aunty Evie...


With all the family here, my humans have also been going out more than normal. Initially, my humans thought that they would have to engage the services of a dog-sitter when they go out for dinners with their folks. One night, they were waiting for the dog-sitter before they went out for dinner but she did not turn up. Despite calls and text messages, the dog-sitter did not respond. So, my humans decided to give me special treats for dinner, a chewable treat and then hid small bits of liver treats all over the house. They left the TV on for some background noise and left quietly, hoping for the best. Well, this beagle surprised them...I was extremely well-behaved and everyhing was fine when they got back from dinner. Everyone was happy and all was well for 3 weeks.

However, this beagle recently decided that it was no longer fun being left alone and went back to my old habit of whining, shredding boxes and scratching doors.



So, we're back to square one. My humans have submitted their application for a helper and hopes that once she joins us next month, we won't have an issue with my separation anxiety anymore and my humans have more flexibility in going out.

5 comments:

Shane Kent Louis said...

Family Time, it sounds great and I'm sure you had a great time with you Family and Paw friends. :))



--------------------------
It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

i said...

Hi Kess! Sure have missed you! We didn't know you have moved to HK. Have been missing from blogging for way too long.

Hope you're feeling better now after all that. I know how you feel. Things have been a bit rough with LS away and my turning the big 9 few months back ;(

Ms. ~K said...

Great doggie bloggie!

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Glad you are doing well Kess. Being around Gramps and the rest of the family must have been grrreat.

Essex & Sherman

Unknown said...

I'm finally here! My human is helping me do this comment using her new software that types for her as she speaks, so she can rest her arms from her RSI – it's not bad,huh? But it does still make mistakes and my human has to keep stopping to correct it so it's a bit annoying and very slow – it takes us double the time to do the same thing! So please excuse any funny words or spellings in my comment!

I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling much better, Kess. And it must be so nice to catch up with your family again. I can't believe you've been in Hong Kong for three months already! I've been so busy that I haven't been able to catch up with blog friends much but my goodness time really flies! I was so happy to hear that you did so well staying alone that one night and I'm sorry that things have gone downhill again. I hope your humans will be able to find a helper soon.

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Thanks for signing my guest book.