Nuffnang

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Scaredy Cat

I hate to admit it - but I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to crossing wooden bridges with gaps in between. I freeze in terror, fearing that I'll fall in between the gaps because my four paws cannot coordinate landing on the wooden planks all at the same time. This is what happened to me when we went into the jungle trails last Thursday (Yes, I managed to persuade dad). I was merrily going along, sniffing and smelling, absorbing the jungle scents.

Lo and behold, my carefree jaunt was rudely interrupted when we came across this horrible wooden bridge. Now, if this were my Slovenian buddy, Xsara, agility beagle extraordinaire , she would have cruised through the bridge with one flying leap. No problem. But, unfortunately, I'm not Xsara. My exploits are confined to climbing and jumping from 6-foot fences when I'm escaping. It definitely does not extend to crossing holey wooden bridges. Nothing dad could do could persuade me to cross the bridge.

After what seemed to be an eternity (actually it was only a few minutes, but it felt like an eternity), I finally relented and made a mad dash for it. It was a miracle my paws didn't get stuck between the gaps. Actually it wasn't that bad. I finally overcame my fear! I didn't have any problem crossing the next bridge after that.

So, when at first you don't succeed, try again! It worked for me :-)

8 comments:

Sugar the Beagle said...

Hey Kes,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. It's nice meeting you. There are only a handful of beagles that I know of. Glad ya one of them.

=)

Sugar

Kess And Her Mama said...

Thanks Sugar. I'm quite blessed. In my neighbourhood, I have another 2 beagle buddies and have seen 2other beagles on my walks.

Sweet Jasmine said...

Hi,Kess...why not scaredy dog..duh?
I think you are being careful and suspicious when it comes to a situation that you sense is dangerous...it's a good thing to be always on your guard.... to be safe first than sorry later....btw I have some homework for you to do....pls drop over to claim it...Cheers.

Tracy Tan said...

glad you were finally persuaded to cross the bridge :)

Kess And Her Mama said...

Sweet Jasmine,
Thanks for the advice. At least someone understands me...
Homework, huh? OK. Will be a good doggie and pop by to claim it.

Kess And Her Mama said...

Tracy,
Yeah, my humans were very patient.

Anonymous said...

Tooooo Cute....I have some beagle friends...I will come back to visit sometime if that is okay with you. Do you mind if I add you to my list of favorite blogs...that way I can come back and finish catching up on your fun doggie life... :)Susan

Kess And Her Mama said...

Hi Susan, Welcome! I am glad to meet another dog lover, esp one that loves beagles :-) I am honoured you would like to add me to your list. Thanks. Happy Mothers Day! Kess

Thanks for signing my guest book.