Nuffnang

Monday, April 7, 2008

Rainy Day Adventures

"Rain, rain go away. Come again another day" Remember this chant? Well, we've had more than enough occassions to recite this in recent days. In a tropical country like Malaysia, the rainy season is part and parcel of our weather. But, is it just me or does it seem that the rainy season seems to get longer and longer?

A couple of days back, I was in a 1.5 hr car ride. No, I didn't cross inter-state borders... My humans and I were stuck in KL's infamous traffic jam that occurs each time it rains. My human dad was wondering why he should pay toll when the traffic jam started way before the toll and continued way after the toll. A 0.5 hr journey became 1.5 hrs. I'm glad I wasn't driving so I settled down for a nap instead. Good thing my humans took me to pee before the journey (Doggie tip). Otherwise, I might have an embarassing accident in the car.

Like most dogs, I don't like thunderstorms. I'm fine with the rain if I'm with my humans. I may bark when the wind blows the door shut, but otherwise I'm OK. But when I'm home alone, I get scared and want to look for my humans. I've actually escaped from my home a couple of times during thunderstorms.

My most recent escapade took place just a few weekends ago. My humans had gone out for dinner. As the rain got heavier, I decided to go over to my neighbour's house. After a couple of attempts (did you know that beagles are very persistent?), I managed to push the planter box off the gate post and using the auto gate box for leverage, I managed to get up and jumped down from our 6 foot fence. Then, I sat outside Aunty CK's house and waited patiently for her to open the door. I knew I wouldn't have to wait too long coz Aunty CK checks up on me regularly when I'm home alone. Aunty CK was pretty surprised to see me at her gate (it has been a long while since my last escape)and quickly let me in. She towelled me dry and kept me at her home.

I was a happy doggie once again, now that I had good company. Dry and contented, I settled down for a snooze at Aunty CK's home (hey, escaping is hard work)and waited for my humans to return. Boy, you should have seen the look on their faces when they came home and found me next door! Stay tuned for the next episode of rainy day adventures...

No comments:

Thanks for signing my guest book.