Nuffnang

Friday, April 25, 2008

Beware of Dog

You know the typical story about how dogs chase postmen? Well, it's typical for a reason. Dogs are instinctively protective. So, when postmen and other delivery persons come-a-calling, we have to defend our homes and our humans (it is in our wolf genes).

Most times, the gate to our house is closed. So, I warn off these "delivery intruders" by barking real loud at them. Mum usually tells me off, but hey, I'm only doing my job. However, yesterday, mum was pruning the plants in the flower box in front of our house and left the gate open. We had just returned from our evening walk so she figured that I would be too tired to do any mischief. Little did she know...

Mum was so engrossed in gardening that she didn't realise that a dodgy-looking chap (he was unshaven and had longish hair) had come to our door to deliver junk mail. Naturally, I had to protect mum since dad was still at work (which makes me man (err...dog) of the house in his absence). So before you could say "geronimo", I had sprinted out of the gate and was running circles (literally) around the intruder. I barked and growled (grr...) and snarled at the man to warn him to leave my territory. I don't know who was more surprised, mum or the man. The man tried to flap me off with a towel...(yeah, right, like that's going to stop me.) Then mum had to spoil the fun and called me off. She made me go back into the house and closed the gate. Hmm...I wonder if it was to protect me or the guy???

Anyway, I bet the inruder will think twice before coming back again. To all you intruders out there - Beware of dog

...grrrr..., Kess, The Guard

4 comments:

bokjae said...

Good doggie Kess! I had met another small little doggie whod dis the same but I was thinking who scared of you little doggie! I guess you can look threathening when you snarled! Keep up the good work Kess! Good girl!

Sweet Jasmine said...

Hi, Kess..its good to bark at intruders rather than to ignore them...a good warning to those who had bad intensions on their minds...
I have two dogs at home who barks at anyone standing or passing near my gate....and i love them for it....watching out for me and as my doorbell letting me know my visitor are here...
Cheers to you...

Kess And Her Mama said...

Thanks Uncle Bok Jae. You're right, size doesn't matter. In fact, my mum was actually concerned that I may bite him!

Kess And Her Mama said...

Sweet Jasmine,
I'm glad your dogs are fulfilling their duties to you. I read your post abt your faithful Ah Brown who died while protecting your family from a cobra. He's a hero.

Thanks for signing my guest book.