Nuffnang

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A beagle's weekend at Puppy Cottage

Last weekend, my humans went away for a short break. Now usually, I get to stay at one of my two gramps' homes but this time, my humans were going away with both sets of gramps. Mum had done lots of research on canine boarding before deciding on Puppy Cottage. The major plus factor is that the dogs get to roam around freely in a secured area, instead of being kept in a cage the entire time. The only time the dogs are caged is at night during bedtime.

It really was quite a fun experience. I've never been let off-leash with so many other dogs before. Most of my fellow canine boarders were small dogs, mainly terriers. When there is a pack of dogs, you can be assured of lots of excited barking dogs zooming around. Dad's camera can't cope with the speed of canine movements. Hence, you get an almost surreal effect.


R, from Puppy Cottage commented that I was one of the most well-behaved beagles they've boarded. When my humans related that comment to gramps and the rest of the family, they laughed. I guess they were surprised given the mischief I get into when I stay at gramps place.

Did I enjoy my stay at the Puppy Cottage? The smile on my face says it all.


Despite the fun time I had at Puppy Cottage, I was ready to go home with my humans.


See ya fella boarders. Be good!


Hop on to the car to go back home. Woohoo!


Followed by a nice long walk


All in all, this beagle had a pretty fun weekend. Despite being away from my humans, I made lots of new friends at Puppy Cottage. My humans are glad to have found a safe place where I can be boarded without being caged up whenever they travel. So, it's a solution that works out well for all of us. Humans and beagle are happy!

13 comments:

Sapphire said...

Wow! I just checked out Puppy Cottage's website. I'm sure Kess too much fun there! I wonder if Sapphire will pass the evaluation test ): She hardly socialize with other dogs, except with a retriever we always meet during our walks, but still, on a lead.

Will continue to find out more about the place. Thanks for sharing with us!

Jake of Florida said...

Wow, how wonderful that you found such a cool place to board.

If you had lots of terriers for company, we're sure the fun was on steroids -- and loud!!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

Oscar the Beagle! said...

Puppy cottage sounds like a lot of fun

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That's khool woo found a place woo enjoyed and that treated woo well!

I'm not sure I khould evFUR stay away from my mom ovFURnight!

I hope woo did get extra treats fur such khomplimentary words!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Kess!
Glad to know you all had a great weekend!
Sure is nice your parents found that pawesome place for you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Unknown said...

Hi Kess - it's so great to find a good doggie hotel, isn't it? My kennel back in Auckland was like yours too coz my humans hated the thought of me being kept in a cage all day - although I have to admit, there weren't many dogs of similar size to me to run around with! But that's OK coz some of my best friends are small doggies.

Hey - by the way - I have been meaning to ask you - have you visited my friend, Cinnamon the Beagle? She was my friend back in Auckland and she has also just started dancing too and lots of other fun stuff! Her blog is in my sidebar - if you haven't net her yet, I think you'd enjoy it as you're both Beagles and gossip about Beagle stuff! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Boo Casanova said...

puppy cottage near sid's pub? i saw it when i went to sid's few months ago. but we didn't go in. glad you like the place. if my human are away together, we'll be at home and grams will come and feed and clean us. i prefer to stay at home with my cozy place and also because i am already familiar with my own home.

wet wet licks

boo

Molly the Airedale said...

It sounds like you had a blast at Puppy Cottage and made lots of new friend, Kess! We are so happy that you have a special camp to go to when your hoomans need to travel!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Thor and Jack said...

So cool that your pawrents found a great place where you can stay off leash and meet lots of new friends.

Cinnamon and Mint said...

Puppy Cottage sounds like a great place for dogs to stay while their humans are away! I have stayed at a pet hotel once, but they didn't let my humans see how Cookie and I were doing with other dogs. But, at Puppy Cottage they let your humans take photos of you running around with other dogs. I think that is a proof of confidence that they provides boarding dogs a really good care.

i said...

Hi Kess, sounds like you had a great stay at Puppy Cottage. LS has been thinking of sending me there but I told her I'd prefer my own bed.

Agatha and Archie said...

WOW that looks like a great place!! We wish we had one here!! How was that with all those terrier kids? A BLAST I BET cuz we know how to really have a good time!! Love A+A

Cinnamon and Mint said...

Did you go to a obedience class specially for Beagles? That is fantastic! I have never heard a class like that here in Auckland. Most humans here think that Beagles are untrainable, and many Beagle owners give up training their Beagles once they complete a basic obedience course for puppies. My humans think Beagles need different training methods from those for other breeds.

Thanks for signing my guest book.