Nuffnang

Friday, June 29, 2012

A New Grass Patch for Summer


 The effects of dog pee on grass is pretty potent! My little 3 by 4 ft balcony grass patch was starting to look and smell bad after about 9 months, which is not surprising considering the potency of dog pee. So a couple of months back, my humans decided it was time to replant a new batch. They first had to dig up the old patch, which was not a very pleasant job.
It took them a while to get a new batch of grass replanted. The nursery said to wait until the start of summer so that they would have new batches of grass in. So, during that time, this beagle had to make multiple pee trips downstairs a day.

"Hmm..Where is my grass?"

Finally, my grass arrived. The first batch that came in accidentally got planted in the apartment's common area. It was a series of unfortunate events. So, I had to wait another few weeks. This time, it got planted correctly on my little planter box. I tested it and it works fine.


My humans dilligently water it after my pees but it is already starting to brown...Oh well...:-)

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

That is so cool that you have your patch of grass right there for you, Kess.
Ours yellows too.

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

River said...

I wonder if they make pee resistant grass? You might need to have a pee grass pan in reserve and switch out. lol Do you have a little lawnmower you use? Just wondering.

love & wags,
River

Sapphire said...

Haha! you look very contented Kess!

Thor and Jack said...

Good thing you have your own grass, Kess. We missed you.

Thor and Jack

Thanks for signing my guest book.