Nuffnang

Monday, November 12, 2012

A new bed for Kess

One of the reasons we went to Whiskers n Paws last weekend was to get this beagle a new bed. Now, indulgent human dad has been wanting to get me a new bed to replace the one in our living room for the longest time. But practical human mum resisted as the bed was still in good condition. Even after human dad accidentally "lost" the soft flat cushion base on my bed whilst giving the bed a fluff over the balcony to get rid of the fur, human mum said bed was still OK for use since I have an Ikea pillow. So, why the new bed? It was finally time to retire the old bed after human mum discovered that the base of the bed had started to peel.

We got the Dog Gone Smart Bed. It has a removeable cover which can be washed, which is pretty smart. Their tag line is "Our beds love dirty dogs". 

However the question is does this dog love the bed? To put it to a test, my human put out both the new and old bed.

I checked it out...


Nope. I still like my old bed better.
"Too bad" my humans said, "You've got a new bed and you have to use it. It's time to retire your old bed". So, the next day, old bed was gone and in its place is the new bed. My humans laid my fleece blanket over the bed. I guess the new bed is pretty comfy after all. Time for a snooze, I think.

 

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your new bed is beautiful, Kess, and you look so happy in it!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Congrats on the new bed

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

*YAWN!*

Woo've inspired me to give Mom THE STARE so she knows it is time fur bed!

I hope woo've had lots of beaWOOtiful dreams!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

ev said...

You lucky girl, Kess! Hope you're enjoying the new bed :)

Cinnamon and Mint said...

That's clever of your humans to put your blanket over your new bed! We Beagles like new smells but we prefer familiar smells when we want to make ourselves comfortable, don't we?

Thanks for signing my guest book.