Nuffnang

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lending a "Paw"

I borrowed the above phrase from my human dad, but paraphased it to suit me. Dad always jokes with his cycling buddies about having to come home early from his Saturday morning cycle because he is "lending a hand" at home.

Like dad, I always like to lend a paw, especially in the garden. I always see mum weeding and trimming the plants. So, whenever they go out, I lend a paw in the garden. My two favourite tasks are digging the garden (err..I mean, weeding)...


...and biting the plants (err...trimming the leaves)

Hey, it's tough work. So, with dirty jaw and paws, I take a quick break as I survey my handiwork from the door.

I also like to lend a paw to dad when he trims the bamboo plant at our back garden. I help pick up the bamboo stalks...

And then I find a cosy corner to chew it up...

Aren't I a helpful little doggie? I honestly don't understand why my humans don't appreciate my help around the garden. Do you?

Lots of Woofs, Kess, The Gardener

Post Script from Kess' mama:
The reality is you can't have a lovely green garden and beautiful plants if you have a fur kid. Apart from the digging and biting, there are also dead patches of grass from the potent pee! Would I trade Kess for a lovely green garden and beautiful plants? No way! I love my little rascal...

6 comments:

Tracy Tan said...

i wouldn't trade you for anything! you are adorable. wish i could get a paw friend myself...

i do miss having a fur kid around!

Kess And Her Mama said...

Tracy, I can be your paw friend... Swing by anytime for a play session with me and a chat session with mum (when you're not too busy with baby M)

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Kess,

My name is Mona, a wirehaired dachshund, & I am a fried of Sugar. I got tagged to do Japanese name tag by Sugar & it was fun. The Mommy loves beagles & was wondering if we could be your friend to? Come see us sometimes.

Mona

Kess And Her Mama said...

Hi Mona & Mummy,
Any friend of Sugar is our friend. We have a daschund friend called Sweetie but she's not on-line. Thanks for coming by. Will visit you soon. Cheers, Kess

bokjae said...

Well what you did is mild compared to shadow!!! He literally uproot all my plants! I miss him though! sigh!

Kess And Her Mama said...

Welcome back Uncle Bok Jae. Shadow is a lot bigger than me :-)

Thanks for signing my guest book.